There is so much information available to artist on the internet, but here are a few helpful sites I personally like. Stay Tuned as I will continually be adding new links.
Artist Statements, Artist Bios, and CV:
“How To Write An Artists Statement That Doesn’t Suck” By Hannah Piper Burns
– Have your first line stand out from the ‘pack’.
– Less is more.
– Unique word choice.
– The words should match your work.
– Have another artist look over your statement.
“The ‘Anti-Artist-Statement’ Statement” By Iris Jaffe
– Gives you a list statement types the artists tend to lean too.
– Tells you what is wrong with them, and ways to improve.
“6 Tips For Writing an Artists Statement” By Chris Folsom
– Start with the basics.
– Don’t get too technical.
– Word choice.
– Share your background.
– Don’t pat yourself on the back too much.
“More On Artists Statements” By Art Book Guy
– Use your literacy and education to spruce up your vocabulary.
– It is a defining piece of literature that shows what you are about as an artist.
“Artist Bio Examples” By ICA
– Examples of different approaches to an artist biography.
“Artist Bio vs. Artist Statement” By Alyson Stanfield
– Difference between the two works.
– Links to other helpful resources.“How to Write an Effective Artist Biography” by JOHN R. MATH
– This site is pretty comprehensive and has a lot of resources.
“Artist CV Examples” By College Art Association
“How to write and artist CV in ten steps” by the Practical art world